Menu
Paul__J
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Potential new customer - Installation Questions

My current broadband contract is due up at the end of the month and I’m looking at taking advantage of the great offers Virgin currently have available.

At present I’m with EE, so the connection comes in to my house from the overhead phone lines. This cable then comes down the drain pipe at the side of my house, across the gable wall and into the house via a hole drilled through the brick that goes straight into the hallway where my phone connection is.

My question is, how are Virgin going to connect me? I assume the wiring and external junction box enter the house where the current cables do, but where will that feed from? I’ve got a printed concrete driveway so it’s not possible for it to be dug up. I’m also not prepared to have an ugly conduit draped across my driveway and down into the street.

Appreciate any advice that any of you can provide, thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Potential new customer - Installation Questions

Hi Paul,

it is very difficult to say without pictures or more detail. I will drop you a private message for your address and see what I can do to help.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Paul__J
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Potential new customer - Installation Questions

Had a chat with the neighbours earlier and found out they previously had VM installed. There’s still some sort of brown pipe on their retaining wall outside, which they confirmed was where the connection came from.

I’m assuming that VM will have to dig a trench across both driveways in order to pull the cables from this old connection across to me and up my driveway?

Quick screen capture from GoogleMaps with a crude diagram for your reference.

DF72DAF3-D93B-49D7-B203-C675614A16F4.jpeg

0 Kudos