cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postcode checker says available but no install

grumpypa86
Joining in

Hi,

I live in a block of flats, all the houses on the same street and around me have virginmedia services connected.

Postcode checker says i can get VM at this address but once ordering the install is not done, engineer states that walls are too thin and no other users of VM in flats.

Is there any way to get it installed?

3 REPLIES 3

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi grumpypa86, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear the technicians have not been able to install the equipment in your flat. 

Are you able to confirm if the technician advised that the address was unserviceable or if they have advised that it will be in the future? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat,

Technician did not arrive, rang and was told it is not serviceable due to weak walls within the flats which makes absolutely no sense.

The whole village/estate is cabled up and can get virgin media except this block of flats, even the flats across the road have it.

How ever since this has happened 2 flats in this block have had VM installed how ever have been told  that i can still not get it installed.

The flats that have been installed are adjacent to the side of the road and thats why they have been allowed.

Hi @grumpypa86

Sorry to hear that we are unable to install your flat at this time. I can appreciate that it maybe confusing and frustrating when there are properties and flats close that can have a service installed successfully. Unfortunately, we would not be able to support further. We do hope that we will be able to install in future. 

Please do keep us updated if your flat/building has any reinforcement and improvements made to the walls and you can enquire again if this change would make serviceability possible. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley