cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post RS Errors

rattyman
Tuning in

Seem to be getting very big issues at the moment, especially on video calls for work when WFH. As I use modem mode been checking my AiMesh system as thought it was causing issues, but I have a 10GB backhaulk connection now between nodes, with no errors so it's not the AP!

Checking the VM router, are the Post RS Errors here high?

Screenshot 2023-09-26 090522.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes they are high, but for more help you need to post all the data and a link to a BQM 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

BQM?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

- jpeg1

Good Morning @rattyman, thanks for your post and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues you've been experiencing.

Can you please advise us if you have since been able to set up a BQM, as advised by @jpeg1?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Client62
Legend

Forget the BQM ! The problem is staring us all in the face.

The level of errors reflect a severe service noise fault on the Downstream, a job for VM to fix.

rattyman
Tuning in

So had BQM running for a few days, still been having issues.  Mainly dropping video / call quality while at work, and latency spikes showing:

Screenshot 2023-10-05 122750.png

I raised with Virgin Media, but before they even wanted to investigate they replaced my Hub 3 with a 5 so going to monitor it from there and see how things go, although still seeing RS errors today (BQM is working as had reset my personal router, forgot to open ping...)

Screenshot 2023-10-05 123020.png

Client62
Legend

Replace the Hub 5 & bill you and upgrade fee + re-start the contract ? 

Are you quite clear what was agreed to over the phone ?