cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting numbers between accounts

dayrl49
Joining in

Hey everyone, I recently switched from one Virgin Media account (my parents) to a new one (my own). When trying to keep my old number it only allows me to select other networks for my old phone number. Support told me its not possible on their end to port a Virgin Media phone number to a new account. Has anyone found any workarounds? Would really like to avoid having to update every document i have with the new number. Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @dayrl49 

You might possibly be able to port the current number from your parents account to a VOIP provider and then port it back in to your new VM account.

I say might as the phone number will be under different names which may prevent this happening.

A couple of providers are  <<< sipgate >>>  and <<< voipfone >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Porting is specifically provided to allow customers to keep a number when changing providers, so this has nothing to do with porting. Its either one account has the number, or the other one does. VM are under no obligation to move numbers between accounts.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @dayrl49

Thanks for your post and a big warm welcome to our community forum

As advised by the very helpful nodrogd and by our team, we're unable to port a Virgin number to ourselves on a different account. I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs