Menu
carys1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Port configuration test failed

I have just had the V6 box delivered (and installed myself) as an upgrade to my old box. It can't be connected to the router, as it's in another room, so have connected it via wifi. Everything is working and wifi is connected, however, on demand, catch up & apps don't work! Looking at network diagnostics, it says port configuration test: failed!!

The ports need to be opened on your router- help?!!!!

Everything was fine before this box was sent!

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port configuration test failed

Hi it sounds like your WiFi is not strong enough, maybe power boosters will do the trick.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A direct Ethernet cable is best, the Hub3 does not require ny ports to be opened for a V6. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi carys1,

Thank you for your post. We are very sorry to hear you have experienced this issue when installing your new V6. It is a shame you are unable to connect via Ethernet however the WiFi connection should not cause this issue. Have there been any changes since your post on Wednesday evening? If not, we would like to have a further look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Louis

carys1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's all fixed now thank you!! 👍😃

0 Kudos