cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor installation

cgillespie1992
Joining in

Iv has my virgin media installed last week and they have left holes in my walls, chipped skirting boards, wires hanging off the walls, dirty hand prints on my wall. Any idea what I can do to complain?

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post some photos of the problems and then see what the VM staff on here can do.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

cgillespie1992
Joining in

IMG_8133.jpeg

IMG_8129.jpeg

IMG_8136.jpeg

70354095478__05E98DDA-FE85-4518-A086-33FAD74ACB6F.jpeg

IMG_8123.jpeg

IMG_8131.jpeg

Thank you, photos now added

Hi @cgillespie1992 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're very sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding your installation.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cgillespie1992,

Tom is currently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to gain an update.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Kind Regards,

Kain

Hi John, photos are uploaded on a separate comment, someone got in contact via message took my details and haven’t contacted since  

Hi cgillespie1992, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. I can see you've replied to the message Kain sent you and he will be in touch at some point today. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs