Menu
Fionales
Tuning in
Message 1 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Poor customer service

• Thank you Virgin Media for holding my telephone number to ransom as I’ve now cancelled my installation with you. Your customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.
    I would’ve been happy to stay with you but due to being passed from pillar to post over the last 3 weeks and getting not help whatsoever, I’ve been forced to leave and go to your competitor Sky.
    I have asked to port my phone number over which has been mine for the last 32 years and now I’m being told as I’ve cancelled my installation I can’t port it over.
    This is the icing on the cake to the standard of customer service I have received from start to finish.
    Virgin Media, get your act together.
    Whatever happened to going the extra mile for your customers ? For me you haven’t even got off your starter blocks 😡
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor customer service

VM is correct, they are abiding by the regulations. You can only transfer over a telephone number if it is arranged with the new provider BEFORE your account is terminated. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Hero
Message 3 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Your title is correct. Virgin Media has poor customer service. Sometimes very poor indeed.

But regarding the telephone number, they are just following the rules.

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Rising star
Message 4 of 48
Flag for a moderator

As previously said, the number has to be requested by new provider while the account is live.  If you have never been with virgin before the number would have been a BT number and they still own it.  As soon as account ends and a port wasn't requested prior to this is ended its possible that it will be returned to BT to be re-used

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences
0 Kudos
Fionales
Tuning in
Message 5 of 48
Flag for a moderator

It was requested before I closed my account. I had a message from Sky saying they were unable to get the number. When I spoke to Virgin about cancelling my installation it was at that point they told me I couldn’t move my number. I could have my account reconnected, port the number then pay to have my account disconnected again. 
the whole thing is a scam. If they wanted to do it, they could   There are solutions to all problems and they clearly don’t cate to help me out. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Fionales

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with porting the landline out from us to sky. 

When was the port requested to move it over to sky? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Like has been said already, VM never completed the number port as your installation was not completed, so the number still belonged to your previous provider. Sky couldn't request the number from VM as they don't own it yet.

0 Kudos
Fionales
Tuning in
Message 8 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Sky requested the number anytime from the 14th May. My installation with VM was delayed until the 25th June and I called VM yesterday to say I wasn’t happy with the service and wanted to cancel the installation. 
My original installation date was the 24th April , then pushed to 8th May then pushed to 25th June. 
I was advised there had been an error on VM end as they had not applied for the correct permit from the council to do the work from the roadside into my property and therefore it was delayed. 
This is not my fault and I am being penalised for VM’s errors. 
All I want is to have my number ported over regardless. 
I have been patient with VM and now I am being punished for errors that were not my fault. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Hero
Message 9 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Virgin never got the number.  They couldn't port what they never had.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fionales,

I am so sorry that you feel as though you are being punished for our mistakes, that is not the high standard of service we aim to provide at all. I truly apologise for the stress this issue with porting your phone number is causing.

As you were previously with BT, and your services were not fully activated / installed with us - have you tried contacting BT to see if they still have your phone number?

It may be the case that you can port it straight from BT to Sky.

Please do keep us updated with what your previous provider say on this.

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos