Menu
mideoyewumi
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Poor Remedial Work - Driveway NMCN Work for Virgin

Hi

New neighbour moved and ordered virgin media’s services. As part of the installation work required, NMCN turned up one morning and with do warning or notice blocked and dug up the road in front of my house and driveway. 

Few days later, some guys turned up to fixed the road back to the way, but only patched my driveway. When challenged, they advised the driveway will be fixed back to the way it was once installation is completed. It’s been almost 3 weeks now since the installation has been completed (neighbour confirmed) but my driveway is still in a patched state and the material used to patch is slowly eroding away due to the weather.

I called over a week ago to report this to virgin media and I was advised someone would pay a visit in 2-4 days and come speak with me. It’s been over a week and no one has shown up.

It shocking that virgin media and NMCN think it’s ok to just show up and dig up someone’s property without permission and leave it in a bad state.

I would like if this can be fixed ASAP

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Remedial Work - Driveway NMCN Work for Virgin

why did they dig up your drive
0 Kudos
mideoyewumi
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

To install broadband services for the neighbour

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

not sure i understand. VM wouldn't dig up your drive to install for someone else.

Can you post some photos of what work was done
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

did you give permission via wayleave if not then they are way out of order if they dug on your land - to be clear is it actually your land - a shared drive or the council access strip

if its your land and no wayleave was requested you should think about your options - they may come back and do it they might not and even if they do they are unlikely to put it back to how it was

so again - if it was your land as a first course of action i would contact citizens advice and or a solicitor - i would put something in writing delivered by a traceable route and signed for - lay out what you want and in what time frame

then think about the small claims court as you will be pushing a large boulder uphill to get anything from VM

Tony
0 Kudos
mideoyewumi
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They did because they had to rerun cables from the street cabinet to the property and the junction points are right in front of my house and part of my driveway. Point is their contractor NMCN dug it up so they need to come fix it properly

0 Kudos
mideoyewumi
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony. I’ll look into that but giving them the chance to fix the damage done properly before I take things to the next level

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

"the junction points are right in front of my house and part of my driveway"
I think we will; need photos to undertsnad.

The VM Tee's will not be on your drive.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@mideoyewumi wrote:

They did because they had to rerun cables from the street cabinet to the property and the junction points are right in front of my house and part of my driveway. Point is their contractor NMCN dug it up so they need to come fix it properly

the access points should be on the pavement which is council property - if they are on your driveway then the initial install is wrong or someone gave permission or should have 

you need to be sure where your drive ends and council land begins - photos would help if you are looking for help

Tony
0 Kudos