Menu
regmauer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Poor Installation

Hi 

I’ve had an engineer visit my house today to install our internet and Virgin TV boxes in two rooms following moving home.

The internet and first TV box downstairs have been installed really well. However, the TV box in the upstairs bedroom has not been done to the right standard.

A cable has been fitted to our white skirting board using heavy black clips. This looks really bad, please see the attached photos.

This was done without speaking to me and the engineer left without showing me this so I couldn’t ask him to rectify this. Finally there was no paperwork provided for me to sign to say I was happy with the install.

I’d like someone to re-attend to resolve this issue, I’ve had virgin at my last address and the same equipment didn’t use these clips.

Hoping a moderator sees this and can advise me how to proceed.

Thanks

65D81E6D-374F-4CB7-A921-1033A3B6EF81.jpeg

28BFE528-8BA6-4917-8864-CEDF53540775.jpeg

4374896B-3A56-4B8E-B83E-88ADDE1AA07B.jpeg

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Installation

Hide it with cable covers, readily available on eBay, Amazon and Screwfix.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
regmauer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

For reference here’s how the cable was laid downstairs. As you can see this looks much better. Struggling to understand why the same approach wasn’t followed in the bedroom.

Hoping a MOD sees this and can help to get someone out to look at this.

CE2E4BE9-D41C-48BF-A1BC-334F178FF681.jpeg

1625AAD6-5533-431D-B60D-8A23FFC8A483.jpeg

59620C6C-2C00-47F7-92A6-C3CE8A2C7754.jpeg

B4171252-2CC8-4997-B48C-B8DDDD61D5E9.jpeg

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

IMO thats a decent installation done by a company free of charge.

If you wanted the cables hidden, could have fitted the downstairs socket behind the TV and taken the cable uptairs via exterior wall.

If the black cable clip offends you can purchase white clips at DIY shop.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No it's not free it's part of the service charge.

That installation isn't messy but has sure ruined the skirting board putting masonry nails through it.

Should of been stapled... When my service was installed in December the engineer stuck a staple through my plastic skirting which was promptly stopped before a 2nd was put it.

Think some training on home care is required.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
regmauer
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

That’s what they’ve done to get to the bedroom, the cable runs up the outside the wall. They’ve done a really good job there and downstairs as per the images on my reply.

Just can’t understand why you would use black wire clips on a white skirting board. Especially when downstairs that hasn’t been done, it makes it immediately noticeable and it doesn’t look good.

I had all of the same equipment in my last address and the cable to this second box never used the black clips before. It was a similar setup running against a skirting board so I’m not sure why the approach has had to change.

0 Kudos
regmauer
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Also the black cable clips have been nailed in so replacing them isn’t going to be straight forwards.

Can’t understand why these weren’t just stapled in.

Does anyone know how to flag a thread to a Mod? I’d like to get someone out to look at this, tried tweeting and using an online form but no response just yet from the VM team.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The team will get round to looking at this and will refer in to your local area field manager who will probably come to a look.

It may take a few days to get a response but if nothing comes back pop a reply here and I'll ask for it to be chased.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
regmauer
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks really appreciate your help here.

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Actually I've requested a staff member take a look as this sort of thing annoys me with Virgin.

Hopefully they'll come along shortly.