Menu
AdamBahadur
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Please help (upload speed)

Having issues with upload speed at specific times. Not sure why tho. My download remains perfect, 200 mb throughout the whole day but the upload drop from 6pm to 10pm. 

This is a link to the BQM

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2d846c2360fd55f49dfccfd974381cabbda28bf3-10-03-2021

personally i believe it to be a hardware issue however ive never really experienced this before. 

Could someone please enlighten me. Like ive said, download speed IS NOT being effected. Only upload and I am the only one streaming in this household. 

Ive contacted virgin multiple times and there are no issues with the network.   

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please help (upload speed)

Over utilisation will always hit upload speeds first as it's always a 1/10th of your downstream speed, and since you are being affected during peak time, it would suggest this is the case. Your ping/latency will also suffer. 

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please help (upload speed)

Hi @AdamBahadur,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thank you for your post. 

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the upload speed. 

Thank you for providing us with the link for your BQM.

I have located the account and I understand an engineer was booked. How did the visit go?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos