cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switch over

andyhayman1969
Tuning in

Does the router need to be in hub mode for the phone to be connected to the fibre network? Tried switching ours over has had the message that it needs doing and it doesn't work - only thing I can think of is that we use it in modem mode

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can use the Hub in router mode or modem mode. The phone connection should work either way. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @andyhayman1969 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your landline service after the switchover. As @jpeg1 has advised this should work either way so it's certainly strange how it isn't 🤔

Just to confirm, is the adapter plugged into the Hub with the connections all secure? What happens when you try making any calls on the landline? Please let us know, we'll certainly be happy to help resolve this for you.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The RJ11 TEL1 socket on the router is a separate circuit back to VMs headend telephone exchange. It is not an internet based phone service, so is not affected by what mode the hub is in.

If you are trying to use the phone by plugging one into the yellow RJ45 Ethernet sockets it won't work.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey andyhayman1969,

Do you still need any assistance with this issue?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

andyhayman1969
Tuning in

Hi, all sorted now thanks

That's great to hear thank you @andyhayman1969 

Please do pop back to the forums in the future should you need any help and we will do all we can to help.