Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line

I'm about to move to a new build where there is VM available. It's been pre installed with the blue pull rope sticking out of the ducting by the house and a white coax going through the wall into the house with a blank plate in the lounge presumably ready to be replaced with a VM face plate.

I am with VM at the moment and will be moving my service. I have tv, broadband and phone (dont use the phone but it was cheaper for some reason). The pre installed cable is just a single coax and not the shotgun coax and phone. Does this mean the phone can now work by plugging the phone into the hub instead of a separate phone socket. If not I just know they will want to run a new line just for the phone, making the fact a nice clean installed cable will be ruined by a new cable, hole in the wall etc.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line

Hello

All new installs will now have the phone line through the hub, as most companies are doing away with the old copper twisted pair due to be completed by end of 2025.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. That's a relief.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Your welcome, if you have any more queries by all means come on back to the forum we do have a great team of VM staff members, VIPs and normal customers with a great deal of knowledge. Stay safe and have a great day.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos