Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone connection rj45 not rj11

Have fibre zoom 500. Engineer setup phone connection via rj11 plug port 1. I have bought a cisco ip phone and connection is via lan. How can I connect and get it to work. Would a rj11 - rj45 adapter work ? The phone is POE . I have had nothing but trouble recently with all of this . Please can someone assist me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone connection rj45 not rj11

You don’t need an internet phone for a Virgin phone line. The Virgin phone service is not VoIP, it just uses the Hub to transmit over the DOCSIS RF network to the local cable headend telephone exchange. Calls do not use the internet. Any ordinary landline phone plugged into the RJ11 to BT adaptor (that should have been provided) will do.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone connection rj45 not rj11

Hello

By chance are you a VM Business Customer, as the Zoom 500 package is a business package the hub you have is it a Hitron ?

If it is you will need to contact business support as this forum can only give advice for VM Business Customers as the forum is for Consumer Support only, you can contact them on https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-in-touch/contact-us/

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos