Menu
Cornwell678
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Permission to remove wires/box for non-customer

Hi,

I live in a rented property which had a virgin media set up from the landlord who used to live here. 

This is no longer in use and the cables/box have become weathered, broken and are now unsightly on our drive. 

An electrician from the estate agents is happy to remove the cables if Virgin Media provide permission to do so.

Is this OK?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permission to remove wires/box for non-customer

Not really... but VM's policy is not clear on this issue at the moment - best to wait until a VM person comments on this here soon.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permission to remove wires/box for non-customer

Hi Cornwell678, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear the cables have been left in an unsightly way. We don't remove cables however if there is a health and safety risk then e can arrange to have them tidied up and corrected. 

If you would like us to do this, please pop a photograph of the cables here and also reply to my Private message with the information requested. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos