Menu
Leblinski
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Permission to drill

Hi all,

This morning I received a text from VM asking my permission to drill, to which I should reply with CONFIRM. Unfortunately, I did write CONFIRM and I should not have done so yet.

I currently do not have the permission from my landlady and I am waiting for her approval. I am freaking out that someone might come tomorrow and drill without her permission. I have tried calling VM and I did not get to speak to a human. Instead the automated voice guide helped me reschedule a call, which I have not received.

What can I do so that the permission is put on hold? If I cannot pause this, I will have to cancel the whole thing unfortunately. Please advise.

Thanks,

Alex

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permission to drill

Are you worried about
1. Drill a hole to pass the cable inside the house
2. Drill to screw exterior wall box
3. Drill to screw interior box.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Leblinski
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi sayekm,

I am worried about all drilling without my landlady's consent. VM did not specify what kind of external work would be carried at the property.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They will need to drill for these 3 things. Also if having cables fitted above groud floor, they will need to drill another hole to secure the ladder agaist the wall. But I assuming its ground floor cable.

1.Can you locate a old freeview aerial socket. No one uses these socket so pull that cable out. You can use that existing hole to pass the Virgin cable through.The aerial socket faceplace it normally just 2 screws. 

2. The exterior wall box does not have to be screwed to wall. Mine is just resting againt the wall.

3. You dont need a box. you can chose to have just a cable.

If you can't find a old aerial socket or hole in the wall you stuck.. just have to refuse the job when the engineer come round 🙂

This is just my suggestion and not by Virgin media

............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@sayekm wrote:

<snip>

1.Can you locate a old freeview aerial socket. No one uses these socket so pull that cable out. 

I use my freeview aerial connection, as I cancelled VM tv package some time ago. 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I still have mine as backup 😁. I currently have Sky Q basic package  @£11 and due for renewal in June. If they don't offer similar deal its back to freeview 😊

sayekm_0-1613551838065.png

0 Kudos
Leblinski
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good to know about the freeview. I don't think I have the same type available. I have one with three connectors that say Sat 1, Terr and Sat 2.

On a positive note, VM did call me back today and we managed to reschedule the external work to a later date to wait for my landlady's go ahead.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos