Menu
Sarzzzz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Permanent yellow light on hub 3 & intermittent Wired connection drops

We have a permanent yellow light on the hub 3 which is over 5 years old now. It also regularly drops connection to the internet at night which happens sporadically. Every device in the house is on wired connection & 2 wires gave up yesterday at the same time ( don’t know if that is relevant or not or just a spooky coincidence) Is the box getting old & starting to give up or is there a connection problem. Reset the box & checked all the connections etc. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permanent yellow light on hub 3 & intermittent Wired connection drops

Hi Sarzzzz,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry that you're experiencing issues with our internet services, we know how frustrating this can be.

Remotely looking from our end with the details you have provided for your community profile, we have located your account. Unfortunately we are unable to perform diagnostics from our end as its currently showing your hub as offline? 

Can we ask you to reboot your hub, so we can do all the relevant checks from our end and see what is causing these issues?

We have also included a link here. This will give you more information why your router light is yellow and how to get this resolved.

Please let us know when you have performed the above so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
Sarzzzz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi

We have done all the checks we can this end which includes hard resetting the hub to factory settings & turning it off over night just to see if it would reset it's self but it hasn't. It's still showing a permanent yellow light although we haven't had any connection drops the past day or so. The hub will be left on now for you to do your checks your end. The lights on the ethernet cables in the back of the router which are all being used doesn't always have lights on it either which is odd too. The box seems to be failing which is why I thought it was getting old & it's time for a new one.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Sarzzzz,

Thank you for getting back to us about this!

I can see that your Hub is back online now, but I can see that your wireless connection is turned off.

I will change these settings now, but please let me know if you need them turning off for any reason.

Please let me know how your connection is at the moment, and if this resolved your issue.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sarzzzz
Tuning in
Message 5 of 48
Flag for a moderator

We don’t use the wireless connection which is why it was turned off. Everything in the house is wired.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Sarzzzz,

No problem. I will turn the wireless off for you now. 

Has your connection improved since your first post at all?

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sarzzzz
Tuning in
Message 7 of 48
Flag for a moderator

The box still has the yellow light on it but we’ve had no connection problems over night.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Sarzzzz,

How's the service looking for you at the moment, still showing the solid yellow light?

Have you experienced any further drops in service? 

In regards to the statistics of the hub, everything is currently appearing within spec

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Sarzzzz
Tuning in
Message 9 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes the yellow light is still on the hub & we did have connection problems last night. It didn’t drop on all devices connected but did on the tv. It did it a few times. Just froze or lost connection. The tv is wired & it happened whilst watching YouTube & normal viewing via the tv’s on demand service. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Can you please set up a broadband quality monitor so we can seek to see the performance of the services over a 24 hour period?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos