Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Permanent red light after installing

installed via quickstart, wifi seems to be working but the red light is on permanently. i have switched off and on and done a restart - to no avail. the box is not overly hot and is in a well ventilated area. the wall socket seems slightly damaged - but doesnt seem to be affecting the access to wifi so not sure if its that or if theres a problem with the hub itself.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Permanent red light after installing

There's been a few of these recently, and the suspicion is that there's a batch of Hub 3's with faulty sensors.  But since overheating is a safety issue, it will need replacing if it isn't returned to normal by a pinhole reset (using the hole on the back of the hub).  Try the reset.  If that doesn't work then the forum staff will pick this up and get you a new hub.  

The best and safest course of action would be to not use a device if it says it is over-heating, but if you're confident that it is not overheating, then you might choose to keep using it until you get the replacement, but not to leave it on overnight or when the property is unoccupied.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permanent red light after installing

Hi nadiaserenity,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your router and showing a red light .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos