Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pairing soundbar to Tivo remote

Hello,

I have just bought a new Sharp HT-SB140 soundbar. I’m trying to get it so that I can control the volume of it with my tivo remote.

I’ve read that you have to hold either volume up or volume down (I keep getting mixed info, so I’ve tried both of these separately) along with the clear button until the remote flashes green twice. I know that I then must search for a code by entering 0999 or 1999 (again, mixed information, so have tried both) - but this doesn’t do anything. If anything it just keys in “099” or “199” as if I was searching for a channel of that number.

So - I can’t seem to access the ‘search’ function in order to find the correct code to pair my soundbar to my remote. Can anyone tell me what I could be doing wrong, as to why it is not working for me?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pairing soundbar to Tivo remote

Hello

Have a look at the help pages https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote explains how to pair the remote.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pairing soundbar to Tivo remote

How are you connecting the V6 to the TV and soundbar.

If your TV supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) usually on HDMI2 the the best way to connect it is...

V6 -> TV HDMI1
TV HMDI2-> Soundbar (using an ARC capable HDMI lead - most are).

If you can control the TV volume with the V6 remote that will work. You also have the benefit that normal freeview channels on the TV will also play through the soundbar.

0 Kudos