cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss for weeks

DebugMyCode
Tuning in

Hello,

How do I get this fixed, for the last month calling 150 says there's a 'complicated problem and the engineers are on it'. Packet loss is quite bad. Can see RCS partial service Warnings in the log.

When I do a status check on the website they show green for all services till I perform a broadband check which always comes back with there's a fault in your area.

Do these usually take a month to resolve, no dates just accept using a bad service?

15 REPLIES 15

carl_pearce
Community elder

@DebugMyCode wrote:

Hello,

How do I get this fixed, for the last month calling 150 says there's a 'complicated problem and the engineers are on it'. Packet loss is quite bad. Can see RCS partial service Warnings in the log.

When I do a status check on the website they show green for all services till I perform a broadband check which always comes back with there's a fault in your area.

Do these usually take a month to resolve, no dates just accept using a bad service?

Months to resolve in some cases.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi DebugMyCode 

Try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gives the exact same answer as 150 'Our engineers are working on it, complex issue' no dates.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DebugMyCode,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sincere apologies for the service issues faced, just from checking however I can still see that there is an area fault raised.

Whilst this wouldn't be the best news to hear, our team will be working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Regards,

Kain

Hello, 

Since its been a month of bad internet can I at least get a date on when this issue will be fixed. I'm paying £100 a month for a service that's broken, why am I paying for something that's not working properly.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The team are advising that the estimated fix time is 5PM today,

However that would merely be an estimation, I'd advise to pop back up if the issue still persists after the time.

Thanks again,

Kain

They said that on the 5th June (5pm today). It's 21 days later.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration caused,

Whilst again this would be an estimation, the team will be attempting to resolve this matter as soon as they can.

Many apologies,

Kain

Thankyou for the timely response. I understand the issue is complex, It was just the lack of date leaves a customer hanging.