Menu
Joey88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

PS4 can’t connect to hub3

My son’s PS4 worked here on Tuesday and I paused it on the hub on Tuesday night. He bagged up his PS4 to visit his mum on Wednesday without me unpausing it. On Wednesday night I rebooted the hub as it had been acting up, whilst the kids were away. 
They came back today and all their electronics register on the hub, except the PS4 which was paused before hub reboot. 
Have tried rebooting the hub, the PS4 and using the guest WiFi I created for their friends. It just won’t see this PS4. 
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Been thru FAQ.

0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 can’t connect to hub3

Hi, You could try a factory reset.  Press the reset button in for 20 seconds, then release for 5.. Repeat this 3 times and wait 15 mins.

Regards

Rich

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
Joey88
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried that, gave it plenty of time but the PS4 is saying that it cannot connect to the internet. Everything else in the home connects no problem. My other PS4 is fine. Just this one that was paused on the hub and unplugged before it could have been restarted. I’m at a loss. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joey88

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the connection issue. Have you been able to connect to the console since posting?

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully the PS4 you want to unpause is still listed in the Connect app.

To pause a device

1. Go to the Broadband tab on the Connect app and tap on the image of your Hub
  2. Tap on the device you want to pause your connection to. This will load its details
  3. Tap the pause device switch. The switch will turn green and move to the right

And that's it! This device will no longer have access to the internet.

To unpause a connection again, just follow the same steps, but move the switch back to the left.

If the above doesn't work, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Connect App and try unpausing the affected device again.

EDIT

I've just seen a post from earlier this year with the same problem and the advice given there was to try the following if the above doesn't work

The ONLY way to get the paused device back is to use a web browser and log into the Hub's Admin portal (type http://192.168.0.1 into the browser) and once logged in, go to the MAC Filtering section (probably under the 'Advanced' section) and remove the MAC address which is showing there (which is the previously paused device)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Joey88
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the PS4 turned up as paused in the app on Saturday morning thank you. Unpaused it and all ok. 

JohnPW
Settling in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem. I've entered the address above into my webpage and it now asks for my password. It doesn't recognise my password and won't give me an option to reset.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@JohnPW wrote:

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem. I've entered the address above into my webpage and it now asks for my password. It doesn't recognise my password and won't give me an option to reset.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

It's the password on the base of the HUB, not the WiFi password.

JohnPW
Settling in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant, it worked perfectly, thanks. PS4 now back connected 👍

0 Kudos