Menu
lowlyworm
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

PIN number

Can anyone tell me how to stop having to put in a PIN number when I open my laptop? I am the only person who uses the laptop so there's no point in my having a pin.

I have followed all the instructions I can find on Google.  The first time I thought I had got rid of it but it just turned up the next time I opened the laptop. The second time I was sure I had got rid of it but on opening the laptop it asked me for my Virgin Media password and then again asked me for the pin.

Thank you for any help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: PIN number

Is the PIN for the Operating System (OS) or accessing the internet ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
lowlyworm
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I don't really  know.the answer to that question. All I know is that when I turn my laptop on it immediately asks me for a pin to get access.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you don't know we are going to have to go through some trouble shooting.

Can you switch the laptop OFF and leave off.

then

Unplug the power cord for the VM Hub from the wall socket.

then switch the laptop on.

Once it has booted do you need to enter a pin to make the laptop work ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
lowlyworm
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yes

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK. It is a laptop security setting.

Which OS are you using ?

What is the laptop Make and Model ?

0 Kudos
lowlyworm
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What OS (Operating System) do I have?

Windows 10

What is the laptop Make and Model ? Acer Aspire  | A315-56 |

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have a read >> HERE <<.

lowlyworm
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I'll look into that and let you know how I get on probably tomorrow.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lowlyworm
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, that has now solved the problem. I am very grateful for your help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos