Menu
Basharat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Over 6 month, still waiting for installation.

Signed up to M100 Fibre Broadband & Talk on 23/09/19.
Installation date given: 22/10/2019 8am - 1pm.
Received text on 19/10/19.
Hi, it's Virgin Media here. We need to talk to you about your installation.

Informed via text chat on 22/10/19:
Unfortunately, installation that was scheduled for 22/10/2019 has been placed on hold due to construction issue. Our Engineer’s have advised additional work would be required before we proceed with the installation.

Number of calls made to installation helpline.
Construction team installed cable from start of street to next door neighbours house no 11.

Received call. Appointment for 10/03/20 between 12pm-6pm for the installation. Informed agent no cable up to my property. Assured me it will be done.

29/02/20: Engineers attended to cable from pavement to external wall of house. Left as there was no T-box.
Phoned pre-install team 09/03/20. No new installation date given and asked to wait for call from construction team.
Still waiting. 

0 Kudos
Craig_w4128
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over 6 month, still waiting for installation.

Hi

When construction works need to be completed before an install this is done by an outside company and not done via Virgin Media.

If you PM me your account number and area ref ( found at the top of one of your bills) ill get someone to have a look and see if we can see whats going on

Thanks

Craig

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Basharat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Still not heard anything from you or Virgin Media.

What is going on? It is almost a year since I signed up. Do virgin intend to provide me with their fibre service?

I have been paying my current provider more for a broadband service because I did not renew my contract with them.

Please update me in the next few days.

Regards

Mohammed

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @Basharat 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for following up on this with us. 

Using the details you have signed up to the forums with, I have checked in on this and I can’t see any updates since you were last informed, I am going to reach out to the area field manager (AFM) and as them to provide me with an update. 

As soon as I get anything further I will reach out once again.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Basharat
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak_M

Firstly I would like to thank you for getting the ball rolling again. 

13/09/20: Received email with new installation date: Friday 2nd October 2020. 
Also text: We are coming to do some external work before your installation date.

14/09/20: Received call from Virgin confirming external work to fit box on pavement side of your property on Friday 18th September.

18/09/20: Did not see anyone turn up to carry out external work. Checked online account. Appointment booked in for 22/09/20. Did not see anyone again.

24/09/20: Someone came to mark the pavement for work to be carried out for a later date. Was told Virgin will contact me within a few days.

Installation date of 02/10/20 still listed on account with no new future date listed for external work and have not been contacted.

I would appreciate it if you or someone else can contact the relevant person so that the external work does not drag on for months like it did previously.

Thank you once again.

Regards

Basharat

0 Kudos
Basharat
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Installation of 02/10/20 passed with no installation.
This was expected as external work has not been completed.

What is very disappointing is that I received a number of text messages on Tuesday and Wednesday from Virgin asking me to confirm if I was happy for the installation to take place on 02/10/20.

They have no idea installation is not possible or can not be bothered to cancel the appointment.

Someone who is less aware of their situation would have no idea that no one will be turning up for the installation.

This is what happened to me almost a year ago (22/10/19) when I was given my first installation date.

Have not been contacted by anyone since 14/09/20.

Looks like nothing has changed since last year. It’s the same standard of customer service.

Anyone on here willing/able to help?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why, oh why are you hanging on ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Basharat
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikeRobbo

Once installed, heard that virgin fibre is one of the best if not the best in terms of speed.

Have a connection at work and rarely have problems so hopefully won’t need to contact customer service often.

Also having waited for a year (delays partly due to Covid-19) willing to wait for a few more weeks and then will be looking for a different provider. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dont cancel your current provider ( I am assuming you have one at home ? ) until VM is installed and working to your satisfaction. If it doesnt when it finally gets put in, you can cancel the subscription within 14 days with no £ penalty. Having two independent BB suppliers for a month or so is a small price to pay as an insurance policy.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Basharat
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbrennard

Thanks for the advise. 
I gave 30 days notice to the current provider last year but luckily there was a overlap period between new connection  starting and old one finishing.

This time haven’t done anything until I am sure everything is in place.

0 Kudos