cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside cable is cut

Angela7800
Joining in

Been having internet conection drops since i joined virginmedia just over a year ago, but today i have notice that the cable from outside coming into my house as two cuts on the cable near where it comes into the house not sure how deep they go, so could someone please tell me how i can get it fixed or who i have to contact to get an engineer to come and fix it as i am sure this is the reason for my drops to this very day at the momment i have 15 to 30 drops a day

Thank you all for your time and help.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up some photos so a VM person can assess the damage.

Re the drops.... are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one - to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

20230417.jpg

Hi  jbrennand thank you so much for getting back to me, the drops happen on both wi-fi and ethernet lead my hub is hub 3 and the lights on the front of the hub are steady amber(ish) no flashing of green only when i restart the hub they flash green. when ever it drops i always get a critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC in the hub network log tho i must say today since i put some insulation tape round it i have only had about 8 drops so far.

thank you so much jbrennand for your time and help

much appreciated.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Angela7800,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sincere apologies for the cabling issues, so we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain