cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside cable cut

Ims82
Joining in

Hello my virgin media internet cable has been cut from the outside by accident can this be temporarily fixed till a VM engineer comes out.

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

Who will perform the temporarily fix ?

mda99das
Up to speed

depends how long they will take to do the repair, and if the cable has slack in it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/electrosmart-Splicing-extending-Satellite-Connectors/dp/B00361TN12/ref=asc_...

Has some slack, would it effect in anyway or breach any rules VM if attempted to temp repair yourself?

PXL_20230611_201648402.jpg

Most likely an electrician.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lms82 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband.

After a remote check I can see the tech visit took place yesterday and the issue now seems to be resolved. How are you getting on now? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, an engineer fixed my broken cable  but I need someone to attend and bury it deeper it is exposed to anyone walking past and seen as it's linked to my alarm it's a security risk, can you help in any way talking to customer service team is like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

It should have been inside some green conduit and buried deeper. 

Nope, he said he just came to splice the cable back together, it's someone else's job to do that 🤷‍♂️