cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside box

Jasongowlett
Joining in

Virgin engineer called yesterday. Did a ok job at setting up the WiFi but left the outside wall box completely open work exposed wires. Virgin helpline says that's how it should be. Can't believe that's right... Someone can walk up and unscrew wire.... Animals could bite inside the box... Water gets in.... Etc and looks a mess 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Absolute nonsense!  The Omnibox should have a cover for these very reasons. 

Just wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up and arrange the fix.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Absolute nonsense!  The Omnibox should have a cover for these very reasons. 

Just wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up and arrange the fix.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I know.... I am hoping someone actually responds... Was expecting Virgin to have by now. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is a Community Forum and as such not a direct line to VM. It will take a few days for a VM Mod to respond.  I’m the meantime a photo of the omnibox will assist VM to assess the parts needed for a fix.

IMG-20230802-WA0009.jpg

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Jasongowlett,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to see that this has been happening to you with your omni box, so that I can go about getting this looked into I will need to confirm some information from you in a quick private message.

Joe

Joe, so the engineer called and screwed the box down and two days after it's like this .. Open again. This is silly.. Can u please arrange for it to be fixed. We have lost a days work now. I assume we won't need to be in this time. 

Thanks

Jason

IMG-20230901-WA0003.jpg

Morning Jason

Sorry to see this.

Will send you a PM now.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Jasongowlett 

Thanks for joining me on PM and confirming the details to allow me to book the omni box tech.

Let me know how the visit goes.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill