Menu
Ardi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Outside box broken

Hi my outside box it’s broken been told them to replaced for me but never did also they send Engineeing and he didn’t even look at it I was told he will fix and install new cable the I received self installation kit   And I been charged for installation so whats should I do now internet cable it’s outside I think it will get corroded very soon    

Tags (1)
andy1027
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside box broken

Think I am in a similar positon to you @Ardi

Think the enclosure/box on ours is okay but the clip at the bottom which holds it together is broken or is no longer there. I mentioned this a few times to an engineer but they never came out to replace it.

Andy from Belfast dialling in
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ardi,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that your omni box is broken. Can you please expand on what's happened exactly? Did you arrange for an engineer to come out and fix the omni box and you were charges for this? Were you made aware of the charge? 

Thanks,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi andy1027,

I'm sorry to hear you're omnibox is also slightly damaged and you haven't been able to get this fixed.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and get a visit booked in for you.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
Ardi
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes clearly when I joint vrigin I told them outside box it’s broken they send someone and he said he can’t do it I think it was too lazy to fix it and he just left some cable with us to do it ourself worst experience I need that to be sorted ASAP as it’s raining and I think I will have issue soon hope this matter will get sorted soon from virigin otherwise it’s disappointing thanks ardi 

0 Kudos
Ardi
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I been charged £30 for installation 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ardi,

Thanks for the details.

Are you able to share some photos of the omni box outside your home so we can see what has happened to it?

I've taken a look at your account and can see that a complaint was raised regarding your installation in March, and you were sent a resolution letter. Are you unhappy with the resolution that was offered in regard to your installation? If so, you can escalate your complaint at http://www.cedr.com

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
Ardi
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My problem is to sort it out that box outside as it’s raining and gone get corroded soon 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information Ardi. 

We do wish to help get this resolved for you. 

What I will do is private message you to clear some data protection then we can look to get this resolved for you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos