Menu
Tomasz361
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Outside box broken

Hi there , I just realised that the outside of my house little white virgin box is broken and all the cables exposed . Is it something that Virgin should fix ? 

thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Outside box broken

Yes Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tomasz361
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just called them This morning , and the answer was that need to call out the engineer which is usually 99£ ?  Joke . 
also mentioned that I can claim a refund via my home insurance, don’t have one as just renting .

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tomasz361, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that the team were not able to arrange for someone to come out to you. As the box is broken, you will not be charged for the appointment. I can get this arranged for you today. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tomasz361, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message so quickly. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tomasz361
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath.

thank You for looking into it and arranging the engineer. All has been sorted out now. Thank You very much for your help.

tomasz 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know. 

Hope you have a lovely rest of the weekend 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos