Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Outside box broken

I’ve recently removed some bushes from the front of my house and found the outside virgin media box covering is hanging off. My connection has been a bit ropey and I’m wondering if the cable outside being open to the elements could be the reason? Is there a way to get a replacement?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside box broken

Unless the cable is damaged or detached that is unlikely to be the cause. My cover hands off a lot of the time. You should be able to replace it and screw it back into place. If not report a fault to VM on both the state of the box and the state of your connection. Usual numbers or send a text:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

and wait for a reply.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I’ve tried the messaging service but not really getting anywhere. Answer a few questions and then don’t hear anything and start process again. Got directed to the help page which wasn’t overly helpful.ill try giving them a call. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kirstyevans83,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you've not had much help from the other teams in the business. 

Can I ask if the box you're referring to is small and brown? I need to know if its the Omni box or something else.

Thanks!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi it’s outside the house but is very worn and weathered now but looks like a mix of brown and black. I got a response to me text   Last night after 7 hours and they arranged for an engineer to come have a look. Someone should be coming tomorrow, although my message said someone was coming to connect my service, I’m assuming that’s just a standard line as I’m already connected. thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kirsty,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Yeah it sounds like the omni box, this is basically the connector for the cables that run from the street cabinet into your home. I am really glad you've got an engineer booked for it so soon, I wouldn't worry about the message text, its just a systematic response so you are right. 

Just so we have a log of your "ropey" connection, can you give me a description about whats going on? 

Thanks!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I mentioned on text I’m not sure if it’s related but when watching Netflix through TiVo box I get flickering intermittently to the point where I have to switch the channel over and go back to the source to stop it flicking (this doesn’t happen when I click to watch Netflix through my normal tv remote control, as oppose to the Netflix channel on voting media of that makes sense) I also have some intermittent WiFi connection but Thai is worse when the weather isn’t so good. With the box hanging off and cables kind of hanging out I wasn’t sure if that was related. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for explaining that for me Kirsty, it does help to get the full picture 🙂

Now then we know what issues you're having we can come back to it after the engineer visit and see if the issue has been resolved or if you still need assistance! 

So once you've had the engineer visit, could you monitor the performance of your services for 24 hours and get back to me with anything at all. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I will do thank you 😊

0 Kudos