Menu
DucklingRM
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Outside Cabling

Hi All,

I have moved into a new property and do not have Virgin media. However we have the associated cabling from the previous owners installed. 

I understand that this is still classed as Virgins property so could someone advise the best way to get this removed please? 

In particular we have a large green cable running up our drive which is a health and safety issue as it is a terrible trip hazard.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside Cabling

This has been raised many times on the fora and I dont recall VM ever stating what their position on this is.

Are you contemplating joining VM at some point in the future - if so then obviously do nothing until that time and choose a "manned install" and at that time get the Tech to resite the cabling to your satisfaction

If not all I can suggest is that you contact VM on the phone, text, chat or in writing and tell them they have 28 days (?) to remove the cabling and terminate it properly or you will remove the cables yourself and store them in your shed if they would like to retrieve them.

If you call (0345 454 1111) do it at 08.00 Mon-Sat as you get through quicker at that time. I would try the wanting to leave or join options -f they are presented to you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
DucklingRM
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside Cabling

Thanks John for the reply. 

I have no intention of joining Virgin so my aim would be to have the wires removed.

I’ll try them again on the phone tomorrow and post up any update for the forum 👍.

0 Kudos