Menu
jessiemaye98
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Outside Cable damage

I have just received my home start-up kit. When purchasing Virgin media broadband I put that I wasn’t sure if there was damage to my outside cable. I have checked this today after having some issues setting up and there is quite obviously some issues. I was wondering how I would go about arranging for an engineer to come out? 

I have tried calling but have been told due to COVID-19 the call centres are closed but haven’t been signposted to any other way I can speak with an advisor or how to book an engineer. 

I was wondering if anyone could help. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside Cable damage

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jessiemaye98
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

Thanks for your help, we got a text confirming that the kit has been activated. And when I called up Saturday they also stated that our kit has been activated, however, we still cannot connect. 

The power light on the hub is flashing green and the WiFi light is just solid green. Having had a look at the wires outside I am pretty sure it’s these and would need an engineer to come out. I have been without WiFi all weekend and have been unable to get through to speak to anyone from Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jessiemaye98,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your new equipment not working to to possible faulty cables.

I can see since your last post a technician was booked to set up your services, how have things been since is everything now up and running?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos