Menu
bainzy112
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Outside Cable cut in driveway

Builders have cut my virgin media cable from the base of where it comes from the pavement into my drive. Gave VM a call today but nobody can come out until Thursday a whole 6 days later, do you think I will be compensated for loss of service?

Also a 6 day turnaround is pretty bad dont you think guys?

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside Cable cut in driveway

Are they your builders? - They should possibly be the ones compensating you!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside Cable cut in driveway

As it's a new line that has to be pulled then I don't think 6 days is awful.  It's obviously not ideal and I would be unhappy too.

Of course, a line cut like that will probably mean others on your street have issues too - so, who knows, the normal repair guys might be out to try and help others before the pull team comes out.

It might be worth (to staffs chagrin) phoning up daily, or twice daily, to see if they can book a earlier slot.  I am not sure if the online service lets you see and take extra slots in a easy no-risk way.

How deep was it?, The stuff in my area used was just left on top of the soil/garden/pavements when it was originally put in.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos