Menu
ksw1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Outright lies and failed installations

Ordered a new Virgin installation at the beginning of February with an installation date of 25th Feb. Told that pre-install work would happen before that date so everything would be ready for the install. The installation couldn't be completed on the 25th, not that we'd know because nobody bothered to talk to us or send us a message, it just didn't happen. Contacted customer service to be told it would happen within 24 hours and installation rebooked (LIE 1). Needless to say that didn't happen and I had to spend more hours trying to get through to CS chasing for an update. Eventually given an install date 2 weeks later and told we could move it forward once engineering work completed (LIE 2). Didn't here a word after.

Chased again and again and told it was definitely being installed, the customer service agent even said "you can trust me". (More LIES)

Received a phone call and texts to say installation was definitely happening on the 15th and that all the engineering work would be completed by the 14th at the latest (LIES)

Installer arrived on the 15th and said the work hasn't been done, there's no cable. Took my number (again) and said "don't worry I'll call you within the hour to let you know what's happening".
Surprise surprise heard nothing all day (LIES)
Chased CS again in the afternoon. Apparently all she could do was "lodge a request for manager to call you". (LIE)
Tried calling the Pre-Install team, they said "Oh don't worry we won't leave you like this, I'm sure the work will happen tomorrow, please don't worry you can trust me" (LIE)
Spoke to someone else at Pre-Install. Told area manager would call within 24 hours (LIE).

Heard absolutely nothing since. Account no longer has an installation date whatsoever or even a record of the order.

I have never experienced such appalling customer service, I've certainly never been flat out lied to so repeatedly and demonstrably. Last chance for Virgin if someone on here can actually contact me and tell me the truth about what is happening.

In the meantime I will lodge official complaint and draw up details for the ombudsman.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outright lies and failed installations

I have asked VM to take a look and advise you on here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ksw1,

Welcome to our  Community Forums and thank you for your post. 

I am very sorry for the poor experience. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide. 

I will follow up with a PM so I can request some further details and look into this for you. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DontUseVurgin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 50
Flag for a moderator

What happened in the end here? Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
ksw1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Contacted via pm but still awaiting any information...

0 Kudos
pfishers
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 50
Flag for a moderator

so its not just me who is constantly lied to, i have had a very similar experience (contacted VM through phone,web form, forum, social media, sms chat, web chat and offial compaints procedure) i was constantly told "it will be done tomorrow, i promise, trust me", all i get on the forum is how sorry they are for the bad experience and they will look into it ASAP.....they never get back to you and then another forum staff member contacts saying the same thing....

sorry you are going through this too, i have just had my 7th appointment moved again....

Paul.

DontUseVurgin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 50
Flag for a moderator

This company is an absolute joke...

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pfishers, 

I am sorry you feel this way, I can see you have posted on another thread and we are still looking into this for you, we replied

Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos
ksw1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Well still no word on what the hell is happening with my cancelled installation. No attempt from VM to contact me with an update. Nearly another week gone by. Looks as though the Forum CS is just as bad as all the other VM CS agents

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ksw1,

Really sorry for the delay getting back to your message- I was not working during the weekend. 

I have now responded to your PM.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos