cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor box damage

rachelar
Tuning in

Hello, I've seen a few posts here about the box outside the house being broken and people managing to get help with a repair. Ours is currently terribly damaged.

Could a forum rep please DM me to arrange a repair?

20220306_131911_compress10_resize_43.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM poerson should respond on here in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @rachelar

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to our community forums! It's great to have you on board. 

I will send you a PM now so we can look into getting an engineer out to resolve this issue with your Omnibox cover. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @rachelar

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for Omibox – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you. 

Jelly_beanz
Tuning in

Hi@rachelar

I have the same issue with my box being damaged outside. Just wondered if you managed to get yours fixed yet and if there was a charge?

Thanks.

Hi @jelly_beanz,

Yes, an admin DM'd me and arranged an appointment. No charge and I wasn't even here when the engineer came. I can't fault it really!

Rachel

Hi Jelly_beanz,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly get a repair booked in for you, to get the Omni box fixed outside.

So, we can get this arranged, I will pop you over a private message to take some details. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hello, could a member of the team please PM me again?

The box was fixed but following further work to improve the signal (which was successful) it's looking quite bad again, and no one turned up on the date I was told they would.

Thanks!

Hey @rachelar,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message as it has been quite awhile since you last spoke to us, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @rachelar.
I have arranged for the appointment, and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 
Regards,
Steven_L