cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor box broken

ernie2
Joining in

IMG_9296.jpeg

 just come home to nicely cut grass and this hanging off the wall!!! How do I get an engineer to come and fix it? 

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange a technician to fix this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The brown boxes are Virgin Media omniboxes. These terminate both their coaxial cables & telephone lines, they are not separate.

So I should contact BT Openreach, as the grey box is their property & not Virgins.

0800 023 2023

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Correct and right @nodrogd !

I really must get my glasses cleaned .....  🙂

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ernie2,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to see one of the boxes outside your home has been damaged. As I can see has already been mentioned in this thread, the brown boxes - which are called omni boxes - are what will provide you with your Virgin Media services as opposed to the silver/grey box.

However, if there are any problems with your Virgin Media services too then please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!