Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Our QuickStart installation has not taken place

We moved house a few weeks ago, and had arranged for a QuickStart internet connection, as the previous owners had used Virgin broadband. This was meant to be done on 8 April. 

On 2 April, I received an email that said: "We've taken a look at your order and we've noticed that there is already a Virgin Media account at the address you gave us in somebody else's name. That means we won't be able to deal with your order just yet. We've tried calling you already, but it looks like we were trying at the wrong time. So please look out for our call and we'd be delighted to get you up and running."

However, I did not receive a phone call, and have not received any phone calls from Virgin since then. Nor have I received anything in the post. I do not know where to go from here. Please can someone help us to sort this out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Our QuickStart installation has not taken place

PM me your account number and area referance if you did not get issued one then your address please, I am a field tech and can help get this sorted 

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU ****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

i am in the same situation, signed up on 1st April, booked for the Kit to be delivered today. Nothing arrived, I got an email on 2 April saying this: 

“We've taken a look at your order, and it looks like we already have a Virgin Media account registered at the address you gave us. As we can only have one account at each address, that means we need to do a complete check - making sure that the old account has been closed, or if we need to contact the previous account holder first.

Don't worry - we'll be in touch again very shortly to let you know what to do next. It normally takes us a couple of days to get back to you.

As we need to look further into the details of your order before we can go ahead with your install...”

Heard nothing at all since then, no letter through post or anything else.

please help!

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PM me mate 

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU ****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The info i need is same as above if you have been issued an account number if not just your address please but private message me with that info lol happy to help

Send Me a PM!

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Got the same issue here!

Received the same email advising a previous account at the address. I’ve been advised by the landlord that the previous Tenant has cancelled, but I’ve heard nothing from Virgin Media, no call, no mail and no further emails?!

Please help!

0 Kudos