Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Organising pre-installation appointment

Weve currently got our driveway dug up and are trying to get somebody to come out to do pre-installation digging before it gets concrete poured over it.
Initially we ordered broadband and were supposed to get it over a week ago, but it got cancelled with less than 24h notice and a new installation date for next month was set. We're ok with waiting until then for installation but we wanted any pre-installation digging done sooner due to the driveway being dug up. 
First we phoned and got through to somebody who organized somebody to come out, but it was just the team that did digging outside of the property, they said that its done in 3 stages and somebody else would come out to do the digging in the driveway, so we phoned again that day and were told somebody would come out the next day (Friday), but nobody came. So we contacted again on Monday and again they said that somebody would come out on Monday itself or on Tuesday, but again nobody came.
I looked on the website in My Virgin Media and what happens is it shows an appointment for whatever the current day is, but nobody comes and it just rolls over to the next day, and I have a feeling that whenever I phone the person on the other end is just looking at this and saying that somebody will come out today.
After phoning 5 or 6 times and spending hours on hold I'm hoping that theres some way somebody can help in getting a solid date organised, and finding out why it keeps saying there is an appointment and nobody shows up.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Organising pre-installation appointment

Hello

The best team to be able to help you would be The Pre-installation and delivery team are on:- 0800 052 1734.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is the phone number I have called about 5 times and been put on hold. The same people who tell me that somebody is definitely coming out 'today' on 3 occasions but nobody turns up. I'm really getting nowhere calling them, I'm convinced they see the same thing as I do looking on My Virgin Media that there is always an appointment for 'today' which just keeps rolling over.
Just earlier today I called them again and they gave me that number to call, when it was the one I called in the first place...
Im just hoping theres some way to get the appointment set for a specific date, rather than being told its 'today' every time I phone or look on the website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It can be any day upto and including your installation day, and it can be delayed further if they find a blockage further down the road, so I wouldn't depend on a specific day. 

0 Kudos