Menu
ImAlexD
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ordered quickstart but now it says I have an engineer visit

Just joined virgin media, ordered m100 broadband only, opted for a quickstart kit rather than an engineer visit since I have the interior sockets I need for virgin media. But now in my orders instead of telling me when my quickstart kit is arriving, it is saying I have an engineer visit.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordered quickstart but now it says I have an engineer visit

Accept it and make sure that the engineer doesn't leave until you are totally satisfied with the installation and connection.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
ImAlexD
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My issue is that I will have to get my landlords permission now, before the technician arrives on monday incase he needs to install anything, when they arent responsive over the weekend. This wouldn't have been an issue if virgin media had told me beforehand that they needed an engineer to visit. So I would really prefer that I just have quickstart delivered to me.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And if anything needs installing on a self install you will then have to wait for an engineer visit.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
ImAlexD
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah but if that is the case then atleast I have time to contact my landlord to get permission, I can't get that before the engineer visit on monday, and I have the necessary sockets required for quickstart, so is there a way for me to swap from an engineer visit to just having a quickstart package delivered, as I indicated in my order?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordered quickstart but now it says I have an engineer visit '

Probably will not need any rewiring, just the circuit checked out Even if cables need replacing they will be in exactly the same place as previous ones so I don’t see what the problem is. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ImAlexD,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Our apologies for the confusion with this. When was installation booked in for?

^Martin

0 Kudos