Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ordered on the 22nd, installation missed yesterday, can't get hold of anyone.

Hello

As above I ordered on the 22nd, got a confirmation email and had the installation scheduled for yesterday afternoon. 

As I've not moved in yet I went to the new house and waited for the engineer but nobody came. I tried calling from 6pm to see what was happening but it just says some call centers are closed and disconnects me.  So I opened a chat and was in the queue for several hours before I gave up.

I've opened a chat again this morning and a brief human response this morning who transferred me to the right team's queue but that was 3 hours ago and nothing since.

I've finally managed to get hold of somebody on the phone and it seems my order hasn't been fully processed yet so the install date wasn't fully booked despite the email I had.  I'm told that they are unable to say when it will get processed and it could be weeks yet.

I'm an existing customer at my current address (have been for 20 years ish) and was advised to order new so I could overlap, not knowing if/when I'll actually be able to move exactly and can't lose broadband as I need it for work.

I'm really not sure what to do now. 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordered on the 22nd, installation missed yesterday, can't get hold of anyone.

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - but may require account and area reference details If you still have an issue send me a private message.

I can get someone to ring you direct to see what has happened.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordered on the 22nd, installation missed yesterday, can't get hold of anyone.

Hello

Well I did manage to speak to somebody as I said towards the end of the post, they said I just have to wait until sales get round to putting it through properly, which could be weeks more but they don't really know as they're very behind because of having to work from home.

I haven't had the new account and area details through yet, other than my existing account.  They found my order details OK but I'm still unsure if it's being done under the same account or not.

So I'm really not sure if there's anything to do but wait and delay my house move again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick follow up on this as I got a reminder email. 🙂

Retro-Tech had somebody (Mark) call me to see if they could help, unfortunately, he was only able to give me the same suggestion as I'd had previously and that was just to wait for them to catch up and process my order.

He called again a couple of days later and mentioned that it seemed my order had been put on hold but wasn't able to access the information to say why, possibly at the credit check stage (I assumed against the new house address as I've been a customer for about 20 years) and suggested I call them to find out - he was as helpful as he could be.

I followed up by calling them but was told there weren't any issues and the order just hadn't been processed yet as before.  That's after a long time queuing again as they're busy.

I've ordered BT instead as every week I am unable to move house costs me several hundred pounds.  They processed the order in about 10 minutes and confirmed appointments the next day.

Finally I gave notice on my current Virgin install (another 30+ minutes queuing as it can't be done on the web or by email) and was then told that I could book an install for my incomplete order at that point but it would be around another 3 weeks, after I've already moved.  I still haven't had any email progress updates since the initial date of order.  Too late at this point, Virgin has lost me as a customer and totaling up my calls to Virgin to try and get things sorted, almost 4 hours.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain to be honest, it seems from my experience with my friends, family and being on these forums that there just seems to be problem after problem after problem at the moment.

I'm currently scheduled in for an installation this Thursday but the external engineers still haven't been, I've been pushed back for 3-4 days already and I don't even know how long it will take the external engineers to do the work they have to do. If my installation gets pushed back, I think I'll be staying with BT myself. There is just too much hassling around at the moment.

I don't work for Virgin Media, all my opinions are my own.
10 years in IT. Web Developer.