Menu
ChrisB007
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ordered Sept - still no installation

Hi,

I ordered VM oomph package in September and have had my installation pushed back 4 times now, because there is a blockage in the road. The cable guys have been out at least 10 times with a big yellow cable. They look at the road and spray it with some green spray and then leave.

Like I say they have done this at least ten times now. I did speak to one of them who said the road would need to be dug to clear the block, and i did see from the One.Network web site that they had been granted permission by the council to dig up the road on 2 occasions - but noone turned up.

I was with Sky but was unable to get them to extend their services on the last occasion, so i have been without services since 20th Nov now.

The only thing i can see in my orders is a pull through appointment for the 8th Dec - but no engineer installation date - and i dont want to be without services for Christmas.

So i want to cancel and go back to Sky (I wish i had never heard of VM 😞 .. )

My question is i got a data sim as part of the package that i'm using - so if i do cancel will i be stung for a lot of mobile sim charges or will VM let it go ?

Anyone any ideas as this has now become way beyond a joke

Thanks

hy1128
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordered Sept - still no installation

Any updates on this?

Having read your problem i'm also experiencing the same....initial installation was on 7th December but has now been pushed back twice to 21st December. One of the pre-installation guys told me there was a road blockage and on the same day received a text and email from Virgin stating that more external work needs to be done...

Having read the nightmare stories on here regarding virgin's installation i won't be surprised if it gets pushed back again.

Also if roads need to be dug due to road blockage, how big a job is this? i dont want the entire street dug up and cause inconvenience to my neighbours.

Look forward to anyones feedback or advice with similar experience.

Thanks
0 Kudos
ChrisB007
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hiya hy1128,

Nope, no movement yet. The engineering team (seems to be a company called Kier) was supposed to come yesterday - but noone turned up. My app says they have another appointment for today - but guess what - yep, noone so far.

I know they wont come because they do need to dig the road up and they dont yet have permission from the council. if you google one.network you will find the site that lets you see all the approved roadworks for the country, and who is doing the work. This is how i know they wont turn up today because there is no approval for my area today.

I'm surprised that VM are still in business..

Hope you have better luck.

0 Kudos
elbowloh
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm still awaiting awaiting install. I've had Kier out who then also couldn't do it because of a blockage. Then a construction team came to clear the blockage.
Then i had the engineer come to do the install, but couldn't because the cable hadn't been pullled.
Then a second engineer came an hour later and obviously had the same problem.
I then had Kier come again to do the cable pull, but seemed to have left before they did anything.

Now i have no idea when it will be done and can't get hold of customer service at all to help.
0 Kudos
hy1128
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisB007,

Can't believe you ordered in September and this is still ongoing. 

My sky services end this month so its going to be an anxious wait but got a feeling i wont be hearing from VM for a while unless the the local council approves the roadworks soon - which by the looks of it wont be a quick process. 

Hope everything turns out well for you soon and please update if theres any movement!

0 Kudos
hy1128
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi elbowloh,

Was clearing the blockage simple and how long did it roughly take?

0 Kudos
elbowloh
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I couldn't tell you. The engineer who came to install the router said a construction team had been out and done it. I never saw them. But them when the engineer looked outside he found that the cable hadn't been pulled. So I still don't have internet.

0 Kudos
ChrisB007
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi hy1128,

so the only update i have is that I had a long chat with VM (Installation team) yesterday and the lady was very apologetic but couldnt  really give more information, but what she did do is to escalate to the area manager for him to sort out. He should be contacting me directly to sort the mess out - so lets see if he does. Oh and she also gave a discount on the monthly payment - if this ever gets off the ground that is..

Anyway - i hope you are making some sort of progress.. 

0 Kudos
hy1128
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Looks like things are slowly moving in the right direction for you. Do you have their installation teams number?

i've still not heard anything from VM yet. Checked my order details on my account and it says ive got an order for next Monday (not sure what this is - maybe the construction team for the road blocks?) and installation on 21 December. So fingers crossed everything goes well and i'll be up and running in the next couple of weeks..

if i get another notification of delay i think i'll just cancel my contract. 

Good luck with your installation!

0 Kudos
ChrisB007
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi hy1128

Did your installation happen ? mine still hasnt 😠

I raised a complaint on the 2nd Dec - and according to their standards they will respond within 28 days - i'm still waiting.

I had my case escalated to the 'area manager' on the 12th Dec and was told he would be in touch with me - i'm still waiting

I have had no other communication from VM at all - so I have no idea where i stand

They really are very poor - i can't understand how they are still in business 

0 Kudos