Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Order a new Hub / Router

My hub is broken.

I need to order a new one.

I've been bounced over the phone twice now after waiting 2 hours. 

No support from the online chat service - was told i would be transferred but nothing happened.

I just need to order a new Hub - how can i get that processed?

Chris

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Order a new Hub / Router

PM me you account number and area referance and ill sort that

Lee

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU ****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Chris - I am having the very same problem.  My IT guy has managed to get it connected twice but he thinks this will be the last time and it will just pack up altogether.  Don't understand why there is no simple way of requesting a new one online.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you have a Shub1 or Shub2 you can get an upgrade to a Hub3. If you have a Hub3 what’s wrong with it?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There's no simple way of requesting one online because people would order them for no reason - no connection, bad connection, suspected reboots etc are rarely a fault with the hub. 

That said, I would expect Virgin would just ship out a refurbished hub and swap, so the cost would be minimal, and it's probably cheaper to do that than send an engineer to isolate the problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it's probably cheaper to do that than send an engineer to isolate the problem. “, unless of course it’s a noise/circuit problem. /

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Tudor wrote:

it's probably cheaper to do that than send an engineer to isolate the problem. “, unless of course it’s a noise/circuit problem. /

Yes, but how do you work that out without sending an engineer? 

My idea was that to ship a new router and collect the old one is a fixed cost, probably no more than £8-10, and isolates any problems with the customers hardware before they have to arrange an engineer who would cost far more than that. 

0 Kudos