cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange hub 3 light

Stacey171117
Joining in

My new hub 3 has a permanent orange light on, I can not connect my virgin connect app to the hub either. Wi-Fi is intermittent also

back ground info, preciously had the hub 5 no issues then left virgin.

I have re signed up and been sent hub 3 since set up it’s been continuously having internet outage and orange light, the range is also rubbish not reaching upstairs (hub5 had no issues ) 

is it the orange light which is the issue ? I’ve rebooted and reset 

thankyou 

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The LED in the Hub 3 is not particularly good or expensive, and over time they do fade etc.  Being orange is not anything to worry about.

However, post your power levels and network log and we can comment on the state of your incoming circuit. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How do I get that information please 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to the Hub's admin console with a browser at 192.168.0.1 and click the link to Check Router Status.  Copy and paste all the information in the tabs into posts here.  Use multiple posts as required.  Don't worry about any format warnings as the Forum software will fix and let you post the information.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Stacey171117 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your orange hub lights and signal issues. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. I have had a look into your service and your hub data seems in order. In this case, please try the following link and let me know how you get on https://virg.in/ConnectHelp 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Service hasn’t really been an issue over the weekend however connecting to the hub when upstairs is none existent the range on the hub 3 is horrendous in my home whereas when we had the hub 5 it worked everywhere with no dead spots 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stacey171117 👋

Thanks for the update on this. I'm sorry to hear the range has deteriorated. There can be many factors that contribute to Wi-Fi problems - even your Neighbour plugging in electronics, or changing their own Broadband equipment can cause trouble.

If it's just the WiFi and all things are looking good over a wired connection, we do recommend using our Connect App to identify any problems with your home Wi-Fi network. If any issues are detected, you'll be given further advice on how to resolve these. You can find the app, here.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ