Menu
Gibbonc
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Openreach installing VM fibre

I live on a new build estate, with only Openreach installed internet since build.  This last few weeks we have had A lot of Openreach engineers in the street installing something in all the ducts and every so often, Virgin Media engineers talking with them and doing some work in the same ducts.  
is this now the way VM install so they don’t dig the street up again? What looks like a new cabinet has been installed at the start of the estate next to some existing VM cabinets for another estate.  

Is there anyway to find out if this VM installing fibre? Because it is needed and way overdue! 👍

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Openreach installing VM fibre

Possibly. We are using BT ducts now. If you would like to send me a private message with your address details I can take a look to see if there are plans 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Gibbonc
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any idea on timescale as to how long after they finish before the service is available?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Since when?
0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

At least a year since we first started.

it’s not everywhere but it’s growing. They are known as P.I.A. Networks which if I recall correctly is Public Infrastructure Access. We fit our tap plates or FTTP points  into their chambers and use their ducts to serve new customers 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-completes-network-exp...

0 Kudos