cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open wires, cant connect internet table to Virgin Media WifiBox

marinopersh
Joining in

Since I switched to VirginMedia broadband, I am left with open wires, can not find an adapter, I cant see why it should be so difficult for a company to provide a cable adapter to link it to its box/ product. Since then it has been left like this, unless I was asked to pay priviately the installer.... Can someone help what should I do as I am tired of this service.VMedia Wires1.png

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the colour coding on those wire I would say they are Ethernet cable connection, possibly to a TV box. They might be phone ones, but unlikely by the number. They are nothing to do with your incoming VM signal, that comes via a single thick coax cable normally black, but sometime white for internal wiring. A VM technician would not touch Ethernet wiring as it’s not in their remit, must have been done by someone else.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @marinopersh,

Welcome to our Community Forums. Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to see that you're having some issues with your install!

Can you update us on this issue and let us know if you still need assistance?

I was able to locate your account and I can see that at the moment your TV and Broadband services are impacted by an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) area issue. The estimated fix time is currently listed as 24/12/21 at 14:10. The Fault Reference Number is F009526633. 

Please keep an eye on your connection and once this issue is resolved, and you're still experiencing some problems, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs