Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Only half house with internet

Since putting in the booster we now have only half the house that can pick up any signal. The main hub is very happy so the signal test tells me sat at the bottom of the stairs in my hall but I’m sat at the top of my stairs using 4g on phone to write this am not happy. God knows what will happen when I go out to work in a moment while my son & daughter try and work from home today soon. More VM disruption in the Warne house

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only half house with internet

Since putting in the booster we now have only half the house that can pick up any signal. 

We'll need a bit more information to help here, for example what type of booster, how is it (or both units) connected?  Is it the VM power line booster?

And then, do you mean the booster isn't doing what you wanted to improve the prior situation, or that it has made things worse?

The realistic, simple answer is to send the booster back, and buy yourself a competent mesh wifi system, but before recommending you spend £70-100, if you can give us more detail we might be able to suggest ways to improve the performance of what you've got. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos