Menu
streetlawyer
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing installation delays

Hi, 

Apologies in advance for the lengthy post  but I seem to be getting no joy from the Customer Service team so thought I'd try here. 

I placed an order for Virgin Media broadband, TV and phone on 22nd April and nothing still seems to have been done to move my setup and installation forward. Has anyone else had such delays? 

On ordering, I was given a date for installation but this was then moved as the pre-installation hadn't been completed. 

On the new service installation date (24th May), I met the technicians at the property who advised everything is setup and good to go. My engineer installation date was then 28th May so I took time off work to meet the engineer at the property so he could set everything up. However, on getting there, the engineer said the external cabling hadn't been done and there would be more delays. This was obviously frustrating as not only was I led to believe everything was good to go, but I had also taken time out and was waiting around for the engineer to arrive. 

Exactly the same thing then happened on 4th June - I had an installation time slot of 8am-1pm, so was waiting at the property. I don't live there at the moment so had to get up early especially, which added an extra inconvenience. The same engineer as last time arrived and said again that the cabling on the external streets hadn't been done. What's worse is I actually phoned up the day before to find out if my installation was good to go, and was assured all pre-installation works had been completed. This again was massively frustrating as not only had I again taken time off, but the whole mishap could have been avoided by a simple communication from Virgin Media. 

I've now been informed that a technician ID has been allocated to my external works so everything should be done in time for my next engineer visit, which is 18th June (although I won't hold my breath). 

The only thing keeping me hanging on are the speeds Virgin Media have in my area. However, it seems I may be better off going elsewhere and taking a hit on the speeds, as at least I'll get a better service. 

Is there any way to find out for certain what the situation is regarding my installation? I'd be interested in knowing what the actual issue is. Also, if it's an absolute no-go, then I would rather find out now so I can stop wasting my time. 

Also, what's Virgin Media's policy on compensation for situations like this? 

Thanks, 

Dhruve

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ongoing installation delays

A VM person ought to respond soon - but I dont think they will be able to be any more precise than waving a damp finger in the air. They should know whether its an absolute non-starter though.

There are all sorts of reasons why its being delayed due to.... council permits, 3d party contractors, their own installers schedules etc...

I would say it will happen when it happens.

Until then get a another contract with another ISP - perhaps on a monthly contract (a 4G/5G SIM BB perhaps). When VM finally install then you have 14 days to try it out within that period you can cancel the whole deal and incur no charges whatsoever and stick with the other provider, or cancel that and stick with VM. Or keep both if economically viable - as a useful back up

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @streetlawyer

Welcome to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the delays you have experienced with your installation. I am so sorry to hear that your installation still has not been completed.

Apologies for the inconvenience where you have taken time off for the installation only for it not to happen. I understand how frustrating this must be.

Unfortunately, the automatic compensation policy does not apply in the pre-install situation. Once you have you services installed, then we will be able to look into compensation.

If you wish, I can raise a complaint for you and escalte this with the Area Field Manager as a priority. Would you like to do this? Just let me know and I will send you a private message for the details I need.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
streetlawyer
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Serena, thanks for replying.

That would be great if you can. It would also be good to know if there are any issues in carrying out the pre-installation services - is this something you can find out as well?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me @streetlawyer

I can certainly enquire about the issues surrounding your pre-installation. I shall send you a private message now so that we can look into this further.

Many thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dhruve (@streetlawyer)

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding with me this week via our Private Messages. I just wanted to pop a quick public post to close the conversation thread. 

I was sorry that we had the outcome either of us wanted but glad that we managed to get a definitive answer on the situation finally. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos