Menu
sam46
Tuning in
Message 1 of 37
Flag for a moderator

On demand not working

My on demand is not working. No error code it just says this show cannot be played right now.

Anyone help ? Ran a system test and no probs.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand not working

On demand on/through what device? V6? Tivo? Smart TV? Phone? Tablet? Other?

Are other "online" sevices ok - like Netflix, Youtube, Now tv, iplayer, etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
sam46
Tuning in
Message 3 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.
Through the TiVo box. I’ve had to try watching itv on demand through the fire stick ... but that kept freezing. I guess it could be my internet connection but that says it’s very good and the test says everything is fine. 
The green light is flashing on the router and it’s always done that on and off. Worse internet provider I’ve ever had 😞 

Also had to have boosters upstairs as without them we can’t get internet on the top floor of our house (3 storey) ... nightmare since the first day of installation ! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 37
Flag for a moderator

What green light is flashing on the Hub?

So its a Tivo and not a V6 then? In which case all of its on demand services come from its inbuilt modem and the co-ax connection and so you need to call it in as a connection problem.

However that doesn't explain the firestick issues which might be related to the Tivo problem (network connection) or it could just be a wifi issue

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through..

In the meantime, if you haven’t already, set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” (as per instructions on the TB website) when you have the first 24h period.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hey sam46,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having recently. How is it looking at the moment?

I find usually that a reboot of the TV box will solve the issues that you've been having whilst trying to watch on-demand programmes. Please could you give that a try, if you already haven't done so.

I have been able to locate your account and look at the background data of your connection, I cannot find anything in there that would be causing your issues.

Is your hub in a well ventilated, open area and away from anything that could be causing interference to the WiFi connection? 

Also please could you follow the advice of @jbrennand and create a BQM, this can help us diagnose the issues that you're having with your connection.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
sam46
Tuning in
Message 6 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, thanks you for your reply.

I have rebooted the box, the router is on the top of a unit in a well ventilated area. The green wifi light is constantly flashing which I have so far learnt something is trying to connect to it, I have no idea what.

The wifi always says it's connected but there is constant buffering through platforms such as prime and on demand cannot cope at all. It freezes or wont even play  ?

Sam 

0 Kudos
sam46
Tuning in
Message 7 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for taking some time to reply.

I will try the BQM. The wifi is really poor, it always has been unfortunately, even though the connection always says good ! 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 37
Flag for a moderator

How is your connection running at the moment @sam46?

Have you had chance to setup the BQM?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
sam46
Tuning in
Message 9 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I have made an account for the BQM, but there does not seem to be anything on the graph ?

0 Kudos
sam46
Tuning in
Message 10 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Although I have just read above it takes a few hrs to see any results. Bare with me, I am not that tech savvy !
0 Kudos