Menu
Scotta2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Omnibox issue

Hi, I have just moved house, I am not currently with virgin media but the previous owners were. The brown box with the wires in on the house, I think called the omnibox needs to be moved. I've spoken to all sorts of different people who have told me that I can just take it off myself, this doesn't seem safe to me though as it would leave loose wires? I'm happy to keep it so that when I want virgin in the future I can so just need it moving. Though seem to be going round in circles with people. 

Could anyone give me any advice please? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Omnibox issue

why do you need it moving.
Your going to find it hard to get VM to move it if you are not a customer

Normally VM would charge £99 for this work
0 Kudos
Scotta2
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We're having a porch built and it's right by the front door so will be in the way. I've got no problem paying to have it moved, it only needs moving about 2 feet to the left so can't imagine it would be a big job to do. 

0 Kudos
rockin_plumber
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If they aren’t interested contact them and tell them you are going to charge them for having their equipment on your property.
Failing that if you aren’t using it just take it off pull any slack and put a bag over it and move it to one side if you’re concerned about it,...

If .not just cut it off and bury it. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

"If they aren’t interested contact them and tell them you are going to charge them for having their equipment on your property."

Yah that won't work.
The agreement for it to go on the house was given. The permission was part of the contract for the house so permission is still valid
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had VM TV & broadband installed when I moved to my house 15 years ago. After a year I switched to Sky service. Few months later I decided to render  exterior wall so tidy the wall I cut off VM exterior cables,removed the box and left the exposed VM cable on the floor.

12 years later decided to return to VM. A friendly VM engineer came to instal the service. He picked up the cable from the floor, cut off an inch and fitted new connector and box to the wall.

Its your choice if you want to remove dormant cables but be ready if you do decide to resume VM service later date may need to pay for a engineer to come round and fit new cables.

Thats my view of cables on my property 🙂

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Scotta2

Thanks for your post 

We can arrange for an engineers visit to relocate the box for you. 

The only downside right now is, any non essential work is placed on hold right now due to Covid-19

What timescale do you have for this to be completed?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos