cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old wires

rosekatie1
Joining in

16941803174767181844148479815844.jpg

 i have just received my hub 3, the connections from the wall don't fit the box. 

Can't see a way to book an engineer, looked through all the other similar posts and that seems to be the only way to fix the issue

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

The cable shown exiting frame to the right - does that have a plug on it that would fit onto the back of the Hub ?

New Install Assistance

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Explain what needs to be done and book an engineer visit.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Here is a photo of a large VM box turned sideways and with the lid removed

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/new-installation-Hub-5-flashing-red-light...

Inside your large VM box you should also have the metal isolator and you should be able to see the threaded connector sticking out of the bottom of your box.

If you can take the lid off the larger box, post a photo on here which might help identify what connections you have available inside the box

See what is showing from the bottom of the larger VM box in your photo.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rosekatie1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're facing some issues with getting your equipment installed and activated. Are you able to offer a bit more information as to the situation and the connections beyond your initial photo as has already been mentioned in this thread? We can then advise further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I was successful in getting my hub 3 as virgin has previously been installed in the flat but the wire provided with the box doesn't fit the wire in the wall, I think I may need an engineer visit but can't see a way to book 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rosekatie1 wrote:

I was successful in getting my hub 3 as virgin has previously been installed in the flat but the wire provided with the box doesn't fit the wire in the wall, I think I may need an engineer visit but can't see a way to book 

The answer to that has already been given here on Friday by Client62 👍

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there rosekatie1,

Thanks for your response on this matter, have you been able to get in touch with the pre install team since posting at all?

Regards,

Kain