cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old telewest communications box

MaryC080909
Joining in

Apart from the old white Virgin box, there is also a Telecommunications West box (previously Virgin).  How can they be removed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The internal box can be disconnected from the external one & removed just by opening the cover & unscrewing the cable.

Unless there is a safety issue, VM will not usually remove cabinet drop lines as if a service is required at the property in future there might be issues putting it back in.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The internal box can be disconnected from the external one & removed just by opening the cover & unscrewing the cable.

Unless there is a safety issue, VM will not usually remove cabinet drop lines as if a service is required at the property in future there might be issues putting it back in.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the last official line from VM was they will not come out and remove internal or external boxes and cables - you will get all sorts of BS that you should not but if you DO want them removed then do it yourself

Tony.
Sacked VIP