Menu
strutter_uk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Old hub connecting

Is there any way i can reactivate an old virgin hub?

My new hub 3 is dead and virgin have said I must wait till a new one is delivered.

Surely they can reactivate my old hubs mac address in the meantime?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old hub connecting

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

but if its been deleted from the system it may not be able to be reactivated.

They will only add hub 3 and 4 now
0 Kudos
strutter_uk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I feel Virgin Media are going to lose a customer.

I'd rather have ADSL where I can buy any old router modem and be connected in minutes than wait days for delivery of a new modem to get connected again.

Very restrictive!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

if you can give with ADSL speeds why are you paying so much for virgin. you should look at your options
0 Kudos
strutter_uk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve got no problem with paying for fast broadband, but because their hardware has failed, I have no internet until they ship me a new box.

With no means for a user to connect old hardware just seems unnecessarily restrictive.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your subscription is tied to the hardware address of your router so if you change the router you no longer have service. When you end your contract your router is simply denied access to the network but the network is still there. With BT your line is physically disconnected to stop you accessing the network. 

It is possible to reconnect your old router, but it involves taking apart both routers, so its not recommended, and you may be charged for it if VM find out as you do not own any of the equipment. 

What do you mean by the hub is "dead" ? Normally when people say that and leave it disconnected for a while (as in disconnecting all cables including coax and power) it will work again in a few hours. 

By the way, have you tried just the power supply from your old router? 

0 Kudos
strutter_uk
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The Hub 3.0 is dead - no lights - nothing at all. I've tried an alternative mains adapter with the same rating and still it's dead.

What do I do to get my old one working by dismantling? I'm up for trying - if I break anything I'm happy to pay for my damages - I just want my internet connection back before the end of this week!

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Strutter_uk, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're having some issues using the services and for the delay in getting back in touch. 

I've tried to locate your account to see if this has since been sorted for you but I've been unable to do so. 

Please can you let us know if you still need assistance and we can help further from here 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos